- PlanetRead has been named a Top Nonprofit for 2017 by GreatNonprofits.
- PlanetRead wins "The International Prize" a literacy award from Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., USA, September 22, 2013
- Ranked #75, The Top 100 Global NGOs, The Global Journal, January & February 2013
- Five Biggest Innovations in Social Good according to Adam Braun
- Winner, "All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development" organized by
, World Vision and AusAID. September 7, 2012
- Ranked #27, The Top 100 Global NGOs, The Global Journal, January 2012
- Winner, ICT led Innovation by Non-Profits, Genpact NASSCOM Social Innovation Honours, Feburary 2011.
- Winner, Social Entrepreneur of the Year, 2009, The Schwab Foundation, November 2009
- Finalist, Social Entrepreneur of the Year, 2008, Khemka Foundation, November 2008
- Ashoka Fellowship, Ashoka Innovators for the Public, 2004.
- Tech Laureate in Education (2003), Tech Museum of Innovations, San Jose, CA., Oct. 2003
, Development Marketplace, World Bank's Global Innovation Competition,
January, 2002, "Same Language Subtitling on TV for Mass Literacy."
- Best Social Innovation
for the year 2000 in the Education category for the project, 'Subtitling TV Songs for Mass Literacy', awarded by The Institute for Social Inventions, London (U.K.).