- Awarded, GuideStarIndia Transparency Key for 2018
- Winner, iF Social Impact Prize 2017.
- Top Rated Nonprofit for 2017 by GreatNonprofits.
- Awarded, "The International Prize" a literacy award from Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., USA, September 22, 2013
- Ranked #75, The Top 100 Global NGOs, The Global Journal, January & February 2013
- Five Biggest Innovations in Social Good according to Adam Braun
- Winner, "All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development" organized by
USAID ,World Vision andAusAID. September 7, 2012
- Ranked #27, The Top 100 Global NGOs, The Global Journal, January 2012
- Winner, ICT led Innovation by Non-Profits, Genpact NASSCOM Social Innovation Honours,
- Winner, Social Entrepreneur of the Year, 2009, The Schwab Foundation, November 2009
- Finalist, Social Entrepreneur of the Year, 2008, Khemka Foundation, November 2008
- Ashoka Fellowship, Ashoka Innovators for the Public, 2004.
- Tech Laureate in Education (2003), Tech Museum of Innovations, San Jose, CA., Oct. 2003
Winner ,Development Marketplace, World Bank's Global Innovation Competition, January,2002, "Same Language Subtitling on TV for Mass Literacy."
- Best Social
Innovation forthe year 2000 in the Education category for the project, 'Subtitling TV Songs for Mass Literacy', awarded by The Institute for Social Inventions, London (U.K.).